Sourcing – assistance to meet the business needs of various IT services in an efficient and optimal manner, using internal capacity and / or using external suppliers.
Infocom Group specializes on assisting companies with the implementation of sourcing projects in all service areas – from preparation of the sourcing strategy and until it is implemented and in ordinar delivery.
There may be many reasons why a business initiates sourcing projects, for example the need for increased quality and efficiency in the production of IT services, requirements for reduced IT costs, a desire to increase focus on its core business and at the expiration of existing IT agreements. Most businesses possess expertise in procurement, but conducts rarely an extensive sourcing process. The use of a professional advisor will often help to implement a structured process, achieve positive outcomes and avoid known pitfalls – as well as fulfill the objectives of the sourcing process.
Infocom Group has extensive expertise and experience in the entire sourcing process – from strategy development through negotiations to implementation of the agreement and – monitoring of suppliers. In addition to our own sourcing model we have experienced staff who have had management and implementation responsibilities in all stages of this process.
Below we have listed some of the issues we have dealt with and resolved in sourcing projects with our customers:
- What is the real IT cost?
- Is it possible to reduce costs, while ensuring delivery capacity and flexibility towards the business side?
- Which areas are suitable for outsourcing – and what is not suitable?
- How do we identify the core competencies that are critically important to keep within the company?
- Is it possible to have effect from long-term contracts while ensuring competition between providers?
- How we arrive at the correct vendor selection and good criteria for selecting sourcing partners?
- How we ensure that different sourcing partners cooperate to customer best, in other words, how we establish an interaction model that works in practice?
- How to ensure that providers deliver according to the contract, at competitive prices throughout the contract period?
Infocom Group is providing assistance for sourcing of all ICT service areas;
- Infrastructure management; the operation of MVS, Unix, Linux, Windows platform
- Storage management; storage and backup services
- Desktop management; operation of clients and shared services
- Network management; operation of LAN / WLAN
- Facility management; operation of computer rooms and data centers
- Datacommmunication; WAN services
- Database management; operation of databases, database hotels
- Application operation; operation of applications
- Application maintenance; maintenance of applications
- Application development; software development
- Service desk, support and helpdesk services
- Cloud services; various types of cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
Infocom Group can also offer assistance in business process outsourcing (BPO).