Sourcing in the digital era – how to meet business needs for digital competency and workforce in a time of unprecedented changes
During a process of digitalization cost focus is required as ever before. In the digital era, however, the businesses also need to optimize for speed.
Sourcing is still about identifying which competencies to keep in-house, and which to source economically from external, strategic partners in order to achieve speed and agility without losing cost control.
Though development resources are increasingly sourced internally, there is still a great need for external sourcing. Infocom Group’s approach here is to build such relationships on true agile contracts when integrating an external team into agile value streams.
Regarding infrastructure, Infocom Group’s position is that cloud technology should never be regarded as the only answer. Although it contains leading edge competencies vital for your company to stay ahead as well as supporting the business with an unprecedented level of flexibility, it should be complemented with on prem infrastructure to optimize cost and security.
Though the solutions might change, the questions are the same. Infocom Group has over the years acquired extensive experience in helping our clients solving these questions:
- What is the real IT cost for the company?
- How is your IT cost spread across running business versus innovation?
- Is it possible to reduce costs, while ensuring delivery capacity and flexibility towards the business side?
- How do we identify the core competencies that are critically important to keep within the company?
- Which areas should then be target for insourcing and which for outsourcing?
- What should be the optimal contract term to ensure competitive prices and flexibility without increasing transaction cost?
- What are the right criteria for selecting sourcing partners?
- How to ensure that the company’s ecosystem of partners cooperate to the benefit of the customer?
- How to ensure that providers deliver according to the contract, at competitive prices throughout the contract period?
Our extensive expertise and experience in the entire sourcing process has resulted in a sourcing methodology spanning from strategy development through implementation and follow-up of suppliers and gains.